Buying a retirement home is one of the most important, as well as difficult financial and lifestyle decisions in one’s life. Preplanning becomes extremely important here. Here are some factors to consider making the sunset years of one’s life as comfortable as possible:
- Couples may have different interests: The wife may love the mountains, but the husband loves going to the beach. The wife might want to live near the grandchildren; for the husband, it may be nice but not necessary. Each one has to consider his or her preferences. It isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. It’s absolutely vital to reconcile the differences and find common ground.
- Neighbourhood: The safety record of a neighbourhood is extremely important, given the deteriorating law and order in cities. In addition, one should pick a location with various amenities in close proximity, as this will become even more crucial as one gets older. These include walking and jogging trails, sports facilities, as well as entertainment and recreational options, such as clubs and dining options, to name a few.
- Family and friends: can be a great support system for elderly couples. This is even more so in the case of widows and widowers.
- Lifestyle: this includes both the current and future lifestyle. If one is quite social and fond of entertaining people, more space is required. Or say, if one expects relatives, such as children and grandchildren to stay overnight often, more guest space is needed, than say, if one’s relatives children lived in the same town and just dropped by for a meal.
- Selecting the right financing alternative: it is best to hire a financial planner, who will look at the appropriate mix of down payment and monthly instalments.
To sum it up, a retirement home is a delicate balance of current and future needs, and one’s current and projected financial situation. A little planning can go a long way in making a smooth transition to retired living.
One can even plan their retirement with the Panchsheel’s Greater Noida Dream project homes under Hynish, Pinnacle and Greens II projects. They even have a summer offer in which one can book their home under an affordable price with 30:70 payment plan and its the best time to avail the Freebies.
If you are planning to buy a home then talk to one of our experts at Panchsheel for all your queries. Write to us at email@example.com or call at 8287-789-789